[midPoint] Message Configuration error: JDBC Driver is not found on classpath

Richard Richter virgo at evolveum.com
Wed Mar 24 14:40:57 CET 2021

Hi,

with midPoint 4.2 the real issue is different. The startup command line changed and the critical missing option is here:
[ https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/dist/src/main/bin/midpoint.bat#L75 | https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/dist/src/main/bin/midpoint.bat#L75 ]

That is: -Dloader.path=WEB-INF/classes,WEB-INF/lib,WEB-INF/lib-provided, %MIDPOINT_HOME% \lib
(the ^ character is to continue with the line and probably not relevant for your case)

Please, adjust it accordingly for your case, replace %MIDPOINT_HOME% with the actual value. Hope this helps and sorry about this change, but it was necessary on our path to newer Spring Boot. We're considering some options how to hide this hassle, but at this moment this is the way and affects everyone who does not use our scripts. (And yes, I'm aware we broke the support for Windows service, it's actually part of this change and at this moment we don't have a fix. Sorry about it too.)

Best regards

Richard Richter
midPoint developer