[midPoint] Message Configuration error: JDBC Driver is not found on classpath

Keith LeValley klevalley2 at davenport.edu
Wed Mar 24 14:23:45 CET 2021

I am having trouble trying to connect to an Oracle database using the
Database table connector v1.4.4.0

I have already downloaded the ojdbc8.jar file and have placed it in the
locations below:

[root at midPointDemo var]# find / -name ojdbc8.jar
/opt/midpoint-4.2/var/lib/ojdbc8.jar
/opt/midpoint-4.2/var/ojdbc8.jar
/opt/midpoint-4.2/lib/ojdbc8.jar

Below is my service file that I use to run midpoint:

[Unit]
Description=MidPoint Standalone Service
[Service]
User=midpoint
WorkingDirectory=/opt/midpoint-4.2
ExecStart=/usr/bin/java -Xmx2048m -Dmidpoint.home=/opt/midpoint-4.2/var
-jar /opt/midpoint-4.2/lib/midpoint.war
SuccessExitStatus=143
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

This is the config I am using for the class path

<gen699:jdbcDriver>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</gen699:jdbcDriver>

I have also tried oracle.jdbc,driver.OracleDriver and neither are working.
The error I am getting is:

OperationICF schemaMessageConfiguration error: JDBC Driver is not found on
classpath.Context
connector [class
org.identityconnectors.framework.impl.api.local.LocalConnectorFacadeImpl]
ErrorConfiguration error: JDBC Driver is not found on
classpath.showcom.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.ConfigurationException:
Configuration error: JDBC Driver is not found on classpath.

Not really sure where to troubleshoot from here.  My assumption is the
ojdbc8.jar file isn't getting picked up by midpoint but I have tried
placing it every location I can think off where midpoint might look, any
suggestions or help would be appreciated.

PS- I did cat the jar and it is in fact a binary file, I have restarted
both the service and the server itself multiple times, and I changed the
ownership of the jar to the midpoint service account just to ensure it
wasn't a strange permissions issue.

--
Keith LeValley
Identity Services Architect, Davenport University
klevalley2 at davenport.edu