[midPoint] openldap connector

Keith LeValley klevalley2 at davenport.edu
Tue Mar 2 20:12:43 CET 2021

I am trying to set up a connector with an openldap server.  It's a test
environment so everything is very simple to this point.  When I go to test
the connection I am getting a strange error:

OperationConnector configurationMessageCommunication errorErrorIO error:
org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.ConnectorIOException(Error
getting supported controls: ERR_04156_FAILED_FETCHING_ROOT_DSE Failed to
fetch the
RootDSE)->org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException(ERR_04156_FAILED_FETCHING_ROOT_DSE
Failed to fetch the
RootDSE)->org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException(ERR_04155_ROOT_DSE_SEARCH_FAILED
Search for root DSE returned no entry)

The RootDSE should be configured on the server, when I login using
phpldapadmin the ldap server itself looks fine, so I don't think it's
anything with the server or authentication.  I am a little stumped...

--
Keith LeValley
Identity Services Architect, Davenport University
klevalley2 at davenport.edu