[midPoint] Blog: MidPoint Scalability Survey

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Jan 21 18:58:02 CET 2021

Dear midPoint community,

Last year we have started midScale project
<https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/midscale/>. The goal of this project
is to significantly improve midPoint scalability and performance. Which
means that the project is about to bring substantial changes in
midPoint. As some of those changes affect community in numerous ways, we
would like to gather feedback of midPoint community to help make the
best possible decisions. Enter midScale plans survey
<https://evolveum.limequery.net/561656>.

Essential part of the midScale project
<https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/midscale/> deals with midPoint
repository – our main database. We are focusing primarily on PostgreSQL,
but we are wondering how we should support other databases in the
future. We would more than appreciate your opinions, that will help us
make the best dicition for future midPoint development. There are also
questions about auditing, as we feel we have to make improvements in
this area as well. And then we are curious about platforms that you use
to run midPoint. This survey is designed mostly for engineers and
similar people dealing with technology.

Please take the survey by accessing the following URL:
https://evolveum.limequery.net/561656

The survey will take approx. 15-30 minutes to complete. The survey is
anonymous, it will not track you in any way. All questions are optional.
You are free to choose how much data you share with us.

Thank you in advance for participating in the survey. Opinions of
midPoint community are very important for us. The results of the survey
will guide the future development of midPoint.

(Reposted from Evolveum blog
<https://evolveum.com/midpoint-scalability-survey/>)