[midPoint] Issues after migrating from midpoint 4.0.1 to 4.4

Sébastien MARBRIER smarbrier at positivethinking.tech
Tue Dec 21 15:48:31 CET 2021

Hello,

I am currently migrating from a 4.0.1 midpoint LTS to the latest 4.4.
The java version is : openjdk 11.0.13 2021-10-19

I followed the usual upgrade mechanism for the LTS. https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/upgrade/upgrade-guide/
The  ninja tool did not raise any error messages but only warnings related to OID and deprecated subtypes.
I also updated the server tasks to use the new format.

In the midpoint.log file, there are regularly warnings such as :
2021-12-21 10:09:12,494 [REPOSITORY] [main] WARN (com.evolveum.midpoint.prism.impl.marshaller.PrismUnmarshaller): Item {http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3}reportEngine was removed from the schema, skipped processing of that item
2021-12-21 10:09:12,494 [REPOSITORY] [main] WARN (com.evolveum.midpoint.prism.impl.marshaller.PrismUnmarshaller): Item {http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3}jasper was removed from the schema, skipped processing of that item
2021-12-21 10:09:12,495 [REPOSITORY] [main] WARN (com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.helpers.ObjectRetriever): Object report: Reconciliation report (OID:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000100) parsed with 2 warnings
Since the Jasper reports have been removed from midpoint 4.4, it is quite a normal warning but I do not see any reference in the Reconciliation report object and the reports presents in 4.0.1 seems to have been deleted from the repository object I can't find them by OID anymore.
Could you tell me if is it possible to fix those warnings?

2021-12-21 10:09:12,674 [REPOSITORY] [main] WARN (com.evolveum.midpoint.prism.impl.marshaller.PrismUnmarshaller): Item {http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3}auditSearch has no definition (in value CTD ({.../common/common-3}ObjectCollectionType))while parsing (
  metadata =>
    (
[snip]
)
2021-12-21 10:09:12,675 [REPOSITORY] [main] WARN (com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.helpers.ObjectRetriever): Object objectCollection: Error audit records (OID:00000000-0000-0000-0001-000000000004) parsed with 1 warnings

For this one, I was not able to find in my original objects.
I found a reference about it in https://evolveum.com/downloads/midpoint/4.0/midpoint-api-4.0-javadoc/com/evolveum/midpoint/xml/ns/_public/common/common_3/ObjectCollectionType.html

In https://evolveum.com/downloads/midpoint/4.4/midpoint-api-4.4-javadoc/com/evolveum/midpoint/xml/ns/_public/common/common_3/ObjectCollectionType.html I can see it has been removed but I can't find a clue how to fit it. Can someone can show me where to find the relevant information to fix this issue ?

But there are more serious issues after the migration, each time I try to import users from the csv toward the ldap the import task raise errors for each user such as
2021-12-21 11:05:26,606 [REPOSITORY] [midPointScheduler_Worker-8] ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.common.activity.run.processing.ItemProcessingGatekeeper): Import of object ShadowType:22 (22 (ACCOUNT - default - AccountObjectClass), 4236b714-7103-4ae1-9dcd-865d883ea9d1) failed: Unknown path segment familyName in outbound mapping for attribute {.../resource/instance-3}sn in <ressouce to LDAP>
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown path segment familyName in outbound mapping for attribute {.../resource/instance-3}sn in <ressouce to LDAP>
In the referenced resource, the error seems to occur in this part:
<attribute>
                <ref>ri:sn</ref>
                <description>Surname</description>
                <limitations>
                    <minOccurs>0</minOccurs>
                    <maxOccurs>1</maxOccurs>
                </limitations>
                <outbound>
                    <strength>strong</strength>
                    <source>
                        <path>$focus/familyName</path>
                    </source>
                    <expression>
                        <function>
[snip]
                        </function>
                    </expression>
                </outbound>
</attribute>

I can't see any reason why it would fails here, when I replace the <function> by a script to display the content of the familyName, it displays correctly but I still have the error, so the function is not involved here
It happens  whatever the version of the connectors, I tried first with CSVConnector version 2.3 and the LDAPConnector version 2.3, I currently use the versions bundled with midpoint 4.4.
Did anyone already met this issue ?

I have looked in the documentation and I did not find any relevant topic on these issues.
Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

[logo]<https://www.positivethinking.tech/>

Sébastien Marbrier  | Senior IT Consultant
smarbrier at positivethinking.tech<mailto:smarbrier at positivethinking.tech>

Tel. +41 21 601 81 00<tel:+41%2021%20601%2081%2000>

[Teams chat]<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=smarbrier@positivethinking.tech>
 <https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=smarbrier@positivethinking.tech>
Chat with me on Teams<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=smarbrier@positivethinking.tech>

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-positive-thinking-company/>  [Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/positivethinkingcompany/>   [Vimeo] <https://twitter.com/PTC_Tech>   [Vimeo] <https://youtube.com/channel/UCfaImWa6r0IoZoUYLhbiF7w>
Avenue de cour, 135 - 1007 Lausanne
www.positivethinking.tech<https://www.positivethinking.tech/>

Help save paper, do you really need to print this email?
The content of this email and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the person and/or company to whom they are addressed. The information may also be legally privileged. No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Positive Thinking Company with another party by email without express written confirmation. If you have received this email in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by return E-mail and delete this message, its attachments and all copies from your system. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions. Thank you for your cooperation.

Positive Thinking Company puts security at a high priority in its conduct of business. Therefore, we have put our best efforts into ensuring that this email and its attached documents are error and virus-free. Nonetheless, full security of emails/documents cannot be ensured. Therefore, the recipient is responsible for checking the email/documents for threats with its own security measures, prior to opening it. Positive Thinking Company does not accept liability for any damage inflicted by using the content of this email/documents. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email/document.