[midPoint] inbound to outbound synchronization

kajetan parzyszek kajetan at icrypto.com
Mon Dec 20 15:57:48 CET 2021

Hi,

I'm facing an issue where I just can't get attributes from Resource1 to be passed to Resource2.

So I have inbound mapping on resource1:

<attribute>
    <c:ref xmlns:ri="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3">ri:data</c:ref>
    <inbound>
        <authoritative>true</authoritative>
        <exclusive>false</exclusive>
        <strength>normal</strength>
        <target>
            <c:path>$user/extension/data</c:path>
        </target>
    </inbound>
</attribute>
And outbound mapping on resource2:

<attribute id="9">
    <c:ref xmlns:ri="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3">ri:data</c:ref>
    <outbound>
        <name>data</name>
        <authoritative>true</authoritative>
        <exclusive>false</exclusive>
        <strength>normal</strength>
        <expression>
            <c:path xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="t:ItemPathType">$user/extension/data</c:path>
        </expression>
    </outbound>
</attribute>
+ resource2 depends on resource1 this way:

<dependency>
    <resourceRef oid="6d475d6b-8fa7-4fb0-b2de-f311b315339c"/>
    <strictness>lax</strictness>
</dependency>

Both resources are assigned on User creation via GUI. Account from Resource1 is retrieved and mapped to the user. The idea here is to pass the just mapped data to Resource2.

The inbound mapping works correctly but the inbound value is not present during the outbound mapping processing thus the account on Resource2 lacks required data.

What would be the correct way to handle that?

I'll add that after triggering "Reconcile" on the user after it's created the data gets updated on Resource2 correctly, but I would like the process to be automated.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Kajetan Parzyszek