[midPoint] Password Reset URL

Joshua Williams jwilliams+list at globalnaz.org
Wed Dec 1 22:29:34 CET 2021

Good afternoon,
We need to be able to direct users straight to the forgot password link from our various services.  For example, we want the Forgot Password link in our Nextcloud Server to go directly to midpoint/forgotpassword rather than the midpoint login screen.

Unfortunately, if a user goes directly to https://id.example.com/midpoint/forgotpassword <https://id.example.com/midpoint/forgotpassword> and enters their email address, they receive a message that says, “Reset password failed.  Please contact system administrator.”  The midpoint.log says, "2021-12-01 15:18:55,948 [MODEL] [http-nio-8080-exec-2] WARN (com.evolveum.midpoint.security.enforcer.impl.SecurityEnforcerImpl): No authentication”

However, if the user goes to https://id.example.com/ <https://id.example.com/> and clicks Forgot Password, it redirects them to https://id.example.com/midpoint/forgotpassword <https://id.example.com/midpoint/forgotpassword>.  The user can then enter their email address and the password reset link is sent normally.

Is there a way to make direct access to midpoint/forgotpassword work properly?

Thanks,

Josh