[midPoint] Executing approval expressions for subsequent stage dependent on outcome of work items in previous stage

Marc Fueller marc.fueller at daasi.de
Tue Aug 3 16:05:46 CEST 2021

Dear community,

I am dealing with the following issue in an approval process:

The approval process comprises of two stages. In the first stage a pool
of potential approvers is created via an approverExpression script.

The stage is set to: <evaluationStrategy>firstDecides</evaluationStrategy>

The second stage selects the potential approvers from the same pool, but
now has to exclude the user that approved stage 1. This is to be
implemented into an approverExpression script as well.

I am trying to read the performerRef property of the work items of stage
1 and later on exclude the corresponding user from the approver pool.
Unfortunately the performerRef (as well as the output) properties are
empty when the approvalExpression is recalculated during the approval of
stage 1.

I suspect that the calculation starts before the work item of stage 1 is
completed.

Remark: Due to the complexity of the script and its dependency on
variables such as object and target, I did not find a way to build the
approval via approverRef and using the <resolutionTime> setting.

Would any of you know a possibility to suspend the recalculation to a
later time or to otherwise enforce the recalculation?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Marc

--