[midPoint] Custom Provisioning scripts (w/o resource)

Oliver Schonefeld schonefeld at ids-mannheim.de
Wed Sep 16 16:09:47 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I'm brainstorming for a few provisioning/deprovisioning issues.

1) I fetch data from out HR system by creating a CSV export with a
    custom script and using this as import for a CSV resource in
    MidPoint. This works quite well.

    However the HR system has a user (web) frontend, so employees can
    apply for vacation days, etc.
    My idea is to push account information, email and password back to
    the HR system. I'll probably need to write some custom scripts to
    call stored procedures or something on the database server to
    correctly add this information to the HR system.

    Now I wonder how to best call those provisioning scripts?

    I know resources allow to scripts for various provisioning
    operations. I'm not sure, if those can be combined with the
    CSV resource (right now defined as read-only).

    (I'm not keen on using an direct SQL connection to the HR system,
     with a SQL resource, because there are way too many tables at play
     I'd better not be messing with)

2) We use Dovecot with an LDAP backend for email storage.
    I'd like to do some cleanup (e.g. remove the users mail directory
    on the server) when the Mail Role gets removed from the user or,
    FWIW, when the user is deleted.

    Since LDAP resource is used for various other stuff and not all
    accounts have a mail role, using provisioning scripts on LDAP
    resource does not sound like a clean solution to me.

    However, without any resource, I'm not, at least to my knowledge,
    able to call any custom scripts for provisioning operations.

Anyone some ideas how to address these challenges?

Thank you!

Best regards
   Oliver
--
Oliver Schonefeld
Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Informationstechnik (IT)