[midPoint] Read-Only LDAP-Ressouce? Only pull data from LDAP resource?

Oliver Schonefeld schonefeld at ids-mannheim.de
Mon Sep 14 12:25:32 CEST 2020

Hi Radovan,

Am 14.09.2020 um 10:14 schrieb Radovan Semancik via midPoint:

> On 11. 9. 2020 20:05, Oliver Schonefeld via midPoint wrote:
>> I'd like to tell midpoint, to just read some stuff but don't care
>> otherwise about the data in the directory.

> That's not really what midPoint was designed do to.
>
> MidPoint likes when things in order - as they really should be,
> especially in LDAP directories. Especially in things that affect the
> schema.
[..]
> However, I know that reality is not always nice. If the auxiliary object
> classes are the problem (and they often are), there is a trick how to
> make midPoint to be a less of a nitpick.

Exactly! It is very good that MidPoint likes things to be proper. But
right now, I'm coming from a pretty messy environment.

Right now, I'm evaluating, if MidPoint can help me to build a cleaner
and more defined environment. But first I need to import data from
legacy systems and make the best out of it. If that proves to be
successful, I'm planning to create a new LDAP directory from scratch
with well defined data and later get rid of the legacy LDAP directory.

> See "Read-only Auxiliary Object
> Classes" here:
> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Auxiliary+Object+Classes

Yes, I've already managed to find this. Now MidPoint does what I need it
to do (at least for the moment).

Thanks and best regards,
  Oliver
--
Oliver Schonefeld
Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Informationstechnik (IT)