[midPoint] Policy Constraints and User Templates

Brandon Powers brandon at exclamationlabs.com
Mon Oct 19 19:46:15 CEST 2020

Pavol,
Thanks for the link and information. This explanation makes sense - the
question of what the expected behavior would be in the event the approval
is rejected is a critical one.

Given this explanation, in such scenarios, we may opt instead to trigger an
approval workflow via policy constraints instead on the user attribute
field - pausing the process before the default user template mapping ever
takes place. Of course, this with the understanding that we cannot truly
stop the mapping since the mapping is automated via configuration - but
that we would at least be injecting a review step when needed.  Business
rules would need to be in place for the approver to go directly to the
source system to make necessary changes.

Appreciate the feedback!

Brandon Powers
Exclamation Labs
300 Washington Street