[midPoint] How to interrupt a task?

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Oct 13 12:30:17 CEST 2020

Hello Wojciech,

in Java, there is no general way how to stop unresponsive thread - just
google e.g. for "how to kill hung java thread".

Calling Thread.interrupt is the most that midPoint can do - and does -
for such cases (along with carefully checking for thread termination
flag as frequently as practically possible).

So the only way forward is to look at the stack trace(s) that are
provided for stalled tasks, or that can be requested externally, find
the cause - i.e. for what the thread waits - and try to remediate that.
If at all possible.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer