[midPoint] Policy Constraints and User Templates

Brandon Powers brandon at exclamationlabs.com
Mon Oct 12 15:18:50 CEST 2020

Hello all,

We are interested in approval workflows for assignments that are applied to
users automatically via default user template mappings (utilizing
assignmentTargetSearch).  So far, we've been unsuccessful in finding a way
to trigger the approval policy constraint when the assignment is made
automatically via an object template mapping (the approval workflow does
kick off when *manually* assigning the org/role, however).

I've had a lot of trouble finding any documentation on the matter to
determine if this is supported or not, so I wanted to reach out and see if
anyone could offer any insight on the matter? Perhaps there is undocumented
functionality that allows this, or a speicifc approach that should be taken.

For more context, we have auto assignments via the default user template to
assign orgs based on the value of a specific user attribute which is
defined from one of our resource's inbound mappings.

Any insight on the matter from anyone is greatly appreciated!

Brandon Powers
Exclamation Labs
300 Washington Street
Cumberland, MD 21502