[midPoint] How to Create Active Directory Distribution Group

Gus Lou gugalou38 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 02:24:55 CEST 2020

Hi Guys

I'm trying to create a distribution group in Active Directory through
midpoint.
I'm following the idea of this thread:
https://lists.evolveum.com/pipermail/midpoint/2014-December/000672.html

To achieve this goal I did the following:
*1-I created a custom field named grouptype:*
<xsd:complexType name="RoleTypeExtensionType">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:appinfo>
<a:extension ref="c:RoleType"/>
</xsd:appinfo>
</xsd:annotation>
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="grouptype" type="xsd:integer" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs=
"1">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:appinfo>
<a:indexed>false</a:indexed>
<a:displayName>Group Type</a:displayName>
</xsd:appinfo>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>

*I created the outbound mapping to receive the value of the grouptype field*
<attribute id="99">
<c:ref xmlns:ri="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3">ri:groupType
</c:ref>
<exclusiveStrong>false</exclusiveStrong>
<outbound>
<authoritative>false</authoritative>
<exclusive>false</exclusive>
<strength>normal</strength>
<source>
<c:path>$user/extension/grouptype</c:path>
</source>
</outbound>
</attribute>

But when I try to save the mapping, I get the following message:
Invalid source for outbound mapping for "ri:groupType" in schema handling
for "AD Group (Kind: ENTITLEMENT,intent:group)":No definition for
'extension/grouptype" in user

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I'm in the right way?

Best regards

Gus