[midPoint] New to midPoint - questions

Davy Priem davy.priem at vives.be
Fri Nov 20 22:25:54 CET 2020

Hi,

You should use:
    <target>
        <path>$user/extension/emailAddresses</path>
    </target>

Davy Priem

Op 20 nov. 2020, om 22:07 heeft Al Lilianstrom via midPoint <midpoint at lists.evolveum.com<mailto:midpoint at lists.evolveum.com>> het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

We're taking a close look at midPoint to replace our collection of Perl and PowerShells scripts. I've been working my way through the book getting my 4.2 system reading off a CSV from our HR system and getting it connected to one of my Active Directory domains. Thanks to the wiki and the docs for the examples. CSV input is creating accounts in midPoint. I can see the AD accounts in the connector. I've also done a schema extension to better match the data from HR. So far, so good.

First question. The schema extension is simple (see below the signature). I'm able to manually edit the badgeNumber in the GUI. When I try and write to it from the CSV I get

Cannot determine definition for 'badgeNumber' from user

The inbound rule looks like so

<target>
<c:path>$user/badgeNumber</c:path>
</target>

If I manually edit the entry, add a badgeNumber, save, and then look at the entry in raw mode I see

<extension xmlns:gen497="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/samples/extension-3">
   <gen497:badgeNumber>012345</gen497:badgeNumber>
</extension>

Based on this I changed the target to

<target>
   <extension xmlns:gen497="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/samples/extension-3">
       <c:path>$user/gen497:badgeNumber</c:path>
   </extension>
</target>

Which gives a

No field 'extension' in class class com.evolveum.midpoint.xml.ns._public.common.common_3.VariableBindingDefinitionType

when saving the XML file.

I haven't been able to find any guidance on writing to these extended attributes so I'd appreciate any guidance.

 thanks, al
--
Al Lilianstrom
Authentication Services

Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
www.fnal.gov<http://www.fnal.gov>
lilstrom at fnal.gov

# cat /opt/midpoint/midpoint-4.2/var/schema/schema-extensions.xsd
<xsd:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
           targetNamespace="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/samples/extension-3"
           xmlns:tns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/samples/extension-3"
           xmlns:a="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/annotation-3"
           xmlns:c="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
   <xsd:complexType name="UserTypeExtensionType">
       <xsd:annotation>
           <xsd:appinfo>
               <a:extension ref="c:UserType"/>
           </xsd:appinfo>
       </xsd:annotation>
       <xsd:sequence>
           <xsd:element name="badgeNumber" type="xsd:string" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
               <xsd:annotation>
                   <xsd:appinfo>
                       <a:displayName>Badge Number</a:displayName>
                       <a:help>
                       This is the number that is on your badge
                       </a:help>
                   </xsd:appinfo>
               </xsd:annotation>
           </xsd:element>