[midPoint] Midpoint does not seem to respect X-Forwarded-Port header

Frédéric Lohier frederic at lohier.org
Mon May 18 18:53:12 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have the exact same issue as https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-5819

I was using the workaround with the AJP connector, but since the Ghostcat
vulnerability (
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Security+Advisory%3A+Ghostcat+Vulnerability+of+Apache+Tomcat),
using the AJP is no longer a viable option for us.

I am absolutely sure that my apache proxy sends the X-Forwarded-Proto and
X-Forwarded-Port headers (checked using mod_dumpio). I added the following :

server.use-forward-headers: true
server.tomcat.protocol-header: X-Forwarded-Proto
server.tomcat.protocol-header-https-value: https

to my Midpoint (4.0.2) application.yml file, but Midpoint keeps redirecting
to http instead of https.

I cannot reopen the MID-5819 issue. Should I open a new issue?

-Frederic