[midPoint] midPoint and load balancer with SSL offloading

Martin martin.de at myself.com
Wed Mar 4 18:54:59 CET 2020

Hello there,

yes we configured midpoint to run behind traefik (loadbalancer for
docker). This feature was actually recently implemented into midpoint
4.1 (-SNAPSHOT) per our request.

You need to set the following in System Configuration.

/<infrastructure>/

/    <publicHttpUrlPattern>https://$host/midpoint</publicHttpUrlPattern>
/

/</infrastructure>/

Changing any settings for embedded tomcat is not required. (And did also
not work for us to achieve SSL offloading)

This solution will work for midpoint 4.1 and above.

In addition to that and prior to 4.1 we force a redirection from HTTP ->
HTTPS on the loadbalancer. This causes some additional redirects and
causes security issues when authentication headers and passwords are
involved but alteast it is a works.
(https://docs.traefik.io/v1.4/user-guide/examples/#http-redirect-on-https)

Best regards

Martin