[midPoint] Using CSV resource for accounts import and management of them inside midPoint

Konstantin Tikhonov Konstantin.Tikhonov at veeam.com
Sun Jun 7 23:30:19 CEST 2020

Hello Colleagues.

We have the following task: a system exports a list of its accounts to a CSV file, then midPoint imports the list and after that an administrator assigns the accounts to users in midPoint or assignment can be done in some automatic way. I could find mention of similar functionality in Semi-Manual resource description<https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Manual+Resource+and+ITSM+Integration> only. But the document doesn't describe how this should be configured in midPoint.

I tried to find it out myself. I created a CSV resource and saw accounts from CSV file but the accounts appeared only in the Resource section of the CSV resource (screenshot attached), no any mention of them in the Repository section. And when I tried to Change Owner for any of the accounts I got the error "No projection definition for kind=UNKNOWN intent=unknown in resource:3b21495d-cc1d-47a8-8f7a-e1f1a02d2c24(Test CSV System 1)".

Could you please let me know what I do wrong? And what are the main steps in midPoint to solve this task?

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Best Regards,

Konstantin