[midPoint] No association ldapGroup in object class Normal Account in construction in role

Gus Lou gugalou38 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:25:18 CEST 2020

Hi Guys

I followed the instructions as described in the link:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/LDAP+PosixAccount+and+PosixGroup+Management

When I add a role (LDAP Group Wiki Users) inside the metarole (LDAP Group
Metarole), the group (wiki-users) is successfully created in openldap

But when I add a user (jsmith) within the role, I get the following
midpoint error:

*No association ldapGroup in object class Normal Account in construction in
role*

Note: I am able to create an account normally in openldap through midpoint
when I assign the user to openladp resource.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be this error?

I want to understand this process in OpenLdap to try replicate in Active
Directory (like this:
https://lists.evolveum.com/pipermail/midpoint/2014-January/000214.html)

Regards
Gus