[midPoint] LDAP role/group inducement

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jan 27 17:06:33 CET 2020

Hello,

On 1/27/20 3:39 PM, Jan Lievens wrote:
> May I also point out that I have seen your first note ("associations
> should work flawlessly" response after just a brief scan of the xml
> files) a few times on this mailing list, that this is not a
> constructive attitude and that I provided brief instructions on how to
> reproduce my use case in under 5 minutes.

I would like to point out that this remark towards a person that tried
to help you is not constructive attitude either.

You have not purchased midPoint support service and therefore we are not
expected to fix the bugs that you have discovered. We are not expected
to spend as much as 5 seconds on that. My colleague was trying to
provide at least some kind of feedback. It was more that his duty called
for, both professionally and morally. There is no reason for such critique.

This is an open source project and nobody should expect that project
developers should spend even those 5 minutes to try to reproduce your
issue. If you want that kind of service, I would like to refer you to
our commercial offering. Or, alternatively, you can fix the issue
yourself, are contribute the fix together with a test. The project is
open to quality contributions.

Open source communities are based on respect and reciprocity. If you
want your 5 minutes then you should consider contributing something to
the community first. That would be what I call "constructive attitude".