[midPoint] <protected> not working for non-Identifier attributes

Javier Martinez jmartinez at identicum.com
Wed Feb 5 21:46:21 CET 2020

Hello,
We have an AD resource configured to protect an Organizational Unit from
being modified with the following code:

> <protected>
>             <filter>
>                   <q:substring>
>                      <q:matching>stringIgnoreCase</q:matching>
>                      <q:path>declare namespace icfs='
> http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3';
> attributes/ri:dn</q:path>
>
>  <q:value>OU=VIPs,OU=Groups&Users,OU=-SMG-,DC=qaswm,DC=com,DC=ar</q:value>
>                      <q:anchorEnd>true</q:anchorEnd>
>                   </q:substring>
>             </filter>
>          </protected>

We recently ran into the need to apply this logic only to enabled account
within that organizational unit, so we modified the <protected> node to
look like this:

<protected>
>     <filter>
>         <q:and>
>             <q:substring>
>                 <q:matching>stringIgnoreCase</q:matching>
>                 <q:path>declare namespace icfs='
> http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3';
> attributes/ri:dn</q:path>
>
> <q:value>OU=VIPs,OU=Groups&Users,OU=-SMG-,DC=qaswm,DC=com,DC=ar</q:value>
>                 <q:anchorEnd>true</q:anchorEnd>
>             </q:substring>
>             <q:equal>
>                 <q:matching>polyStringNorm</q:matching>
>                 <q:path>declare namespace icfs='
> http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/resource-schema-3';
> attributes/ri:userAccountControl</q:path>
>                 <q:value>512</q:value>
>             </q:equal>
>         </q:and>
>     </filter>
> </protected>

After adding that condition, the filter is not working and it is not
preventing modifications.
Is this a bug? Or can you only use that filter for shadow identifiers?

Thanks in advance.

Javier Martínez
Identicum S.A.
Jorge Newbery 3226