[midPoint] How to Configure Midpoint in Cluster Mode

Gus Lou gugalou38 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:18:44 CET 2020

Hi Guys

I am analyzing the implementation of Midpoint in cluster mode.
My environment has 3 distinct servers (midpoint-db1, midpoint-app1,
midpoint-app2). One server with postgres database and two servers with
midpoint 4.2.

I am using the documentation below.
https://wiki.evolveum.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11075783
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Managing+cluster+nodes
I'm in doubt on how to configure the configuration of the nodes in the
config.xml file

My config.xml file:

       <repository>

<repositoryServiceFactoryClass>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlRepositoryFactory</repositoryServiceFactoryClass>
            <database>postgresql</database>
            <jdbcUsername>midpoint</jdbcUsername>
            <jdbcPassword>mypassword</jdbcPassword>
            <jdbcUrl>jdbc:postgresql://192.168.0.45/midpoint</jdbcUrl>
            <hibernateHbm2ddl>none</hibernateHbm2ddl>
            <missingSchemaAction>create</missingSchemaAction>
        </repository>
        <taskManager>
            <clustered>true</clustered>
        </taskManager>
        <nodeId> nodeA </nodeId>

When I start one of the nodes, I get the following error:

2020-12-17 11:38:48,959 [] [main] ERROR
(com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.TaskManagerQuartzImpl): Cannot
initialize TaskManager due to the following exception: .
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.api.TaskManagerConfigurationException: Node ID
must be set when running in clustered mode
        at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.NodeIdComputer.determineNodeId(NodeIdComputer.java:88)
        at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.TaskManagerConfiguration.setBasicInformation(TaskManagerConfiguration.java:286)
        at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.Initializer.init(Initializer.java:46)
        at
com.evolveum.midpoint.task.quartzimpl.TaskManagerQuartzImpl.init(TaskManagerQuartzImpl.java:239)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)

I believe it is missing to specify the nodes in config.xml, I just didn't
understand how.
I tried to put it but without success as follows

<nodeId> nodeA </nodeId>

Does anyone have any ideas or examples?

Regards

Gus