[midPoint] Appropriate exception for temporary error in rest connection

Ethan Kromhout kromhout at unc.edu
Tue Aug 11 16:54:12 CEST 2020

We have a REST service that I have written a connector for based on the
Polygon AbstractRestConnector. The REST service is somewhat unstable,
throwing 500 errors a few times a day. Whenever this happens, the task
doing synchronization on the resource gets marked as suspended. From
what I see in the AbstractRestConnector, the connector is probably
throwing a ConnectorException then these 500 errors occur.

I want to catch these errors, and throw an exception that indicates to
task that although this run failed, the task shouldn't suspend because a
future run may be successful. Would someone be able to tell me a good
exception to throw for this outcome? I thought perhaps
RetryableException but am unsure.

Thanks,

Ethan