[midPoint] Accounts without connected resources

Rainer Herbst rainer.herbst at aip.de
Thu Apr 16 09:54:29 CEST 2020

Hello Konstantin,

to my understanding, accounts are the projections of a person into a
ressource. So, accounts without resources do not fit into the midPoint
architecture.

But you could set up a pro-forma ressource, i.e. a CSV file and create the
accounts into that file. Or you extend the UserType schema with the fields
you need for your external system and fill the account data into these
fields.

Best regards,
Rainer

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 00:53:30 +0000
  Konstantin Tikhonov <Konstantin.Tikhonov at veeam.com> wrote:
> Hello Colleagues.
>
> Could you please help me with the question - is it possible in
>midPoint to create an account manually, without a connected resource?
>Or create a resource that doesn't have a connector and then create an
>account in this resource?
>For example, we have some systems that don't connect to midPoint and
>we want just to maintain accounts of the systems in midPoint
>manually.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Konstantin.

Viele Grüße,

Rainer Herbst
Leiter IT-Service
Phone: +49 331 7499-257
e-mail: rainer.herbst at aip.de
https://www.aip.de

Leibniz-Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP)
An der Sternwarte 16, 14482 Potsdam

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Matthias Winker
Stiftung bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: 26 742-00/7026