[midPoint] Deployment Information Logo on embedded Tomcat

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 23:55:27 CEST 2019

I'm watching this thread with interest because I wasn't ever able to get
this to work either. What I ended up doing was extracting the files from
the WAR, replacing the logo file and then adding it back to the WAR.  I
know this should probably be easier, and the "static-web" method appears
to work fine for many people.  But for some reason, i could never make
it work right.  I attributed it to an install that has been upgraded
many times and moved from running under Tomcat to the Standalone method.

My notes below in case it helps.
Brad

*Standalone UPDATE LOGOs*
To replace in WAR:
Become root: su -
Move to folder that contains the WAR file. /opt/midpoint/lib/
List contents to a text file:

CODE:SELECT ALL
<https://forum.globalnaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=285#>

|jar tvf midpoint.war > ./midpoint-contents.txt|

Look for the midPoint logo:

CODE:SELECT ALL
<https://forum.globalnaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=285#>

|grep white_180 midpoint-contents.txt|

Extract the original logo file to get properties:

CODE:SELECT ALL
<https://forum.globalnaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=285#>

|jar xvf midpoint.war WEB-INF/classes/static/img/midpoint_logo_white_180.png|

Create the new logo file to match the same properties.  Transfer file to
the midPoint server (I used a folder in my /home directory) and then
replace the old logo file with the new file in the WEB-INF tree structure.

CODE:SELECT ALL
<https://forum.globalnaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=285#>

|cp /home/myuser/midpoint-logos/midpoint_logo_white_180.png
/opt/midpoint/lib/WEB-INF/classes/static/img/|

Copy the existing WAR to midpoint.war.backup (this can be copied back if
you mess something up).

CODE:SELECT ALL
<https://forum.globalnaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=285#>

|cd /opt/midpoint/lib/ cp midpoint.war midpoint.war.backup|

Replace the existing file with the new file:

CODE:SELECT ALL
<https://forum.globalnaz.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=110&p=285#>

|jar uvf midpoint.war WEB-INF/classes/static/img/midpoint_logo_white_180.png|

The Favicon is located in two places. Not sure which one is used. So I
put it in both places and that worked.
WEB-INF/classes/favicon.ico and WEB-INF/classes/static/img/favicon.ico
Just use the same process as for the logo.