[midPoint] Help with returned content

Minarciny, Jan jan.minarciny at pan-net.eu
Wed Oct 2 16:44:10 CEST 2019

Hello dear community,

Is there an option to filter results from a search query via REST API exactly in XML form?

What I'm trying to do:
Get list of only usernames and emails of selected active users from midpoint (not a list of whole user objects = somehow filter the returned result).

How I'm trying to do:
Calling a POST request onto https://myidm.com/midpoint/ws/rest/users/search<https://idm.stage.bdc1.hu.sec.in.pan-net.eu/midpoint/ws/rest/users/search> with query in body:

<q:query xmlns:q="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-3">
    <q:filter>
    <and>
    <or>
        <substring>
            <matching>polyStringNorm</matching>
            <path>name</path>
            <value>123</value>
        </substring>
        <substring>
            <matching>polyStringNorm</matching>
            <path>fullName</path>
            <value>123</value>
        </substring>
    </or>
    <or>
    <not>
    <equal>
    <path>activation/administrativeStatus</path>
    <value>disabled</value>
    </equal>
    </not>
    <not>
    <equal>
    <path>activation/administrativeStatus</path>
    <value>archived</value>
    </equal>
    </not>
    </or>
    </and>
</q:filter>
<paging>
        <orderBy>familyName</orderBy>
        <orderDirection>ascending</orderDirection>
        <maxSize>10</maxSize>
    </paging>
</q:query>

Still, I haven't found either in docs or in code or in examples anything like this, has please any of you done something like this?
I have thought about wrapping a bulk search with processing into task, import that trough PUT & after some time GET that task... but that seems too complicated to achieve so little.

Thank you!
Johny