[midPoint] handling resource communication errors

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 15:26:17 CET 2019

Just adding to the discussion.  I have midPoint 3.9 installed as a
standalone installation (not Docker) in a VMware installation, and have
this same problem with one openLDAP server.  It will randomly go into a
disconnected state.  As soon as I "Test connection" everything is fine.
Memory and CPU usage is way below capacity so I don't think it's
performance related, like the Docker issue.

I'm trying to figure out why it loses the connection, checking firewall
and other network issues.  But it would also be good if I could "Test
connection" every night to make sure it's working.  I don't know if
there's some sort of command or URL call that I could schedule to happen
automatically.

If anyone has any ideas about the automation, or even better, why the
resource becomes unavailable, that would be great.
Thanks!
Brad