[midPoint] Lock account using pwdAccountLockedTime on OpenLDAP

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Wed May 29 09:01:56 CEST 2019

Hi,

This is in fact an OpenLDAP issues and I strongly recommend to discuss
that on OpenLDAP mailing list. To summarize my findings:
pwdAccountLockedTime is NOT a good way to lock accounts.

In fact, OpenLDAP does not have any good solution for locking accounts.
One possible workaround is suggested here:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Recommended+OpenLDAP+Structure#RecommendedOpenLDAPStructure-AccountDisableMechanism

I was discussing this with OpenLDAP team on several occasions during
last few years, but it almost looks like I was the only one that was
concerned with this problem. If more people join the discussion it might
help to improve the situation.