[midPoint] XML Rest cannot delete a disabled role assignment

Chris Leung Yau Wai ccchris at ust.hk
Wed May 22 16:09:13 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I am using midpoint 3.9.  I have a issue

  1.  A user with a role assignment
  2.  Disable the role assignment (set the administrative status as disabled of the role assignment)
  3.  The role assignemnt cannot be remove thru XML REST but midpoint report OK status e.g, the xml below:

<objectModification
xmlns='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/api-types-3'
xmlns:c='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3'
xmlns:t="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3">
<itemDelta>
<t:modificationType>delete</t:modificationType>
<t:path>c:assignment</t:path>
<t:value>
<c:targetRef oid="role0000-0000-0000-0000-000000000015" type="c:RoleType" />
</t:value>
</itemDelta>
</objectModification>
      4. However, the assignment can be removed thru the admin GUI

Actually, I found that if there are any value defined in the administrative status of the assignment, then the role cannot be unassign (delete) thru the XML API.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

Chris