[midPoint] TaskSynchronizer possible issue

Nicolas Rossi nrossi at identicum.com
Wed May 1 00:46:59 CEST 2019

Hi guys, we have found that MP can fail to start due to memory issues if
there are a lot of tasks in the db. Looking at the logs we found that
Quartz queries all the tasks on the database and then iterates over each
one when it is initialized. That process was eating the memory on our
environment with 14.000 tasks.

I modified the TaskSynchronizer
<https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/b08206d0c0e5b3c6a7155bf7d8addbfee4672236/repo/task-quartz-impl/src/main/java/com/evolveum/midpoint/task/quartzimpl/execution/TaskSynchronizer.java#L97>
class to filter closed tasks on the 'synchronizeJobStores' method and it
fixed the problem. Is there any reason to get all tasks on this process ?
Maybe because some task can be closed on the db and running in memory ?

I can create a PR on github if you agree with this change.

Any thoughts?

Ing Nicolás Rossi
Identicum S.A.
Jorge Newbery 3226