[midPoint] Using assignment organization reference in role authorization

Frédéric Lohier frederic at lohier.org
Thu Jul 25 17:04:01 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I want to delegate the modification of specific organizations to some
selected users.

To achieve that, I defined a “organization manager” role that I can assign
to users with the Organization reference parameter indicating the
organization they are allowed to modify.

Below is the authorization, but* I can’t manage to find the correct filter
to get the oid of the orgRef parameter of the user’s assignment to the
“organization manager” role*:

<role>

<authorization>

  <name>Organization items modify authorizations</name>

  <action>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#modify
</action>

  <object>

    <type>OrgType</type>

    <filter>find the oid of the orgRef parameter of the user’s assignment
to the “organization manager” role</filter

  </object>

</authorization>

</role>

Is this the right approach?

I tried successfully the <orgRelation> object filter which gives the modify
authorization on all organizations assigned to the user with a “manager”
relation, but it feels messier.

<orgRelation>

    <subjectRelation>org:manager</subjectRelation>

    <scope>allDescendants</scope>

                <includeReferenceOrg>true</includeReferenceOrg>

</orgRelation>