[midPoint] Error 500 when having <adminGuiCOnfiguration> in several roles

Frédéric Lohier frederic at lohier.org
Fri Jul 12 23:55:44 CEST 2019

Hello,

I configured 2 roles with an adminGuiCOnfiguration section in each one like
the example below :

adminGuiConfiguration section in role_1 :

<adminGuiConfiguration>

        <objectForms>

            <objectForm>

                <type>c:UserType</type>

                <formSpecification>

                    <panelUri>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/gui/component-3#focusTabBasic
</panelUri>

                </formSpecification>

            </objectForm>

          </objectForms>

</adminGuiConfiguration>

adminGuiConfiguration section in role_2 :

<adminGuiConfiguration>

        <objectForms>

            <objectForm>

                <type>c:OrgType</type>

                <formSpecification>

                    <panelUri>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/gui/component-3#focusTabBasic
</panelUri>

                </formSpecification>

            </objectForm>

          </objectForms>

</adminGuiConfiguration>

What I want to achieve is hiding some object tabs in the GUI depending on
roles.

But when a user is assigned to the two roles (actually I did not tested
with only one since the roles are induced by another role), I get an error
500 during the user login and the log is the following :

2019-07-12 17:47:34,043 [] [http-nio-80-exec-4] ERROR
(org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Tomcat].[localhost].[/midpoint].[dispatcherServlet]):
Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path
[/midpoint] threw exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Attempt to add a container value with an
id that already exists: 1

Any idea how to make this work? Is it even possible?