[midPoint] Authorization issue for items from an extension schema

Frédéric Lohier frederic at lohier.org
Fri Jul 12 15:59:08 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have an authorization in a role to allow a list of specific items of the
User schema to be read by users who has this role assigned.

This works well for items in the standard User schema, but when I try to do
the same with items from an extension schema of UserType, it is not working.

For example, in my-role.xml file, I have the following authorization :

<role (…) xmlns:ext="http://my-user-extension/extension">

<authorization>

        <name>Users item read authorizations</name>

        <action>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#read
</action>

        <target>

            <type>UserType</type>

        </target>

        <item>customItem</item>

        <item>ext:customItem</item>

        <item>extension/customItem</item>

        <item>extension/ext:customItem</item>

        <item>$user/extension/customItem</item>

        <item>$user/extension/ext:customItem</item>

        <item>emailAddress</item>

    </authorization>

</role>

In the extension-user.xsd, I set the namespace for the extension and
declare my customItem like this :

<xsd:schema (…) targetNamespace="http://my-user-extension/extension"
xmlns:tns="http://my-user-extension/extension" >
<xsd:complexType name="UserExtensionType">

        <xsd:annotation>

            <xsd:appinfo>

                <a:extension ref="c:UserType"/>

            </xsd:appinfo>

        </xsd:annotation>

        <xsd:sequence>

            <xsd:element name="customItem" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
type="xsd:int">

              <xsd:annotation>

                <xsd:appinfo>

                  <a:indexed>true</a:indexed>

                  <a:displayName>My custom user item</a:displayName>

                </xsd:appinfo>

              </xsd:annotation>

            </xsd:element>

       </xsd:sequence>