[midPoint] Item limitation in object template not working

Frédéric Lohier frederic at lohier.org
Wed Jul 10 17:34:53 CEST 2019

Hello,

I am trying to hide some items in the standard Users schema as indicated in
the wiki :
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/User+Interface+Form+Fields#UserInterfaceFormFields-ObjectTemplate

I tried to include the item limitations directly in the
defaultUserTemplateRef file referenced in the system configuration, or in a
separate template file using the includeRef. Even after restarting
Midpoint, I can still see the fields I am trying to hide. What am I missing?

I already have a few mappings in the defaultUserTemplateRef file that are
working fine, so the template file is processed by Midpoint.

I am using Midpoint 3.9, below is the template file :

<objectTemplate oid="5c32c917-013a-476e-8f41-50c1ec5eecbc"

   xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'

   xmlns='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3'

   xmlns:c='http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3'

   xmlns:t='http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/types-3'

   xmlns:q="http://prism.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/query-3"

   xmlns:ext="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/story/orgsync/ext">

    <name>Hide some fields from the standard User schema</name>

    <item>

        <ref>c:costCenter</ref>

        <limitations>

            <ignore>true</ignore>