[midPoint] MidPoint 4.0 plans

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jan 7 12:46:16 CET 2019

Dear midPoint community,

First of all happy new year to everybody using Gregorian calendar!

Last couple of weeks was a precious time for the midPoint team to get
some rest over the holiday season after the traditional December rush.
And now back to work. MidPoint 4.0 development is in full swing now. I
have written a series of blog posts to share some of our plans for
midPoint 4.0 with you. As not everybody is following our blog, I would
like to share those information here:

https://evolveum.com/blog/development-of-gutenberg-part-1/
https://evolveum.com/blog/development-of-gutenberg-part-2/
https://evolveum.com/blog/policy-based-approvals-in-midpoint-4-0/

In addition to that we are also working on making midPoint 4.0 "future
proof". We are improving internal APIs and stabilizing them. The goal is
to make midPoint more extensible with custom code. Although this
probably won't be completed in midPoint 4.0, the APIs should be
stabilized well enough to support midPoint 4.0 for a long time. More
customization and extensibility improvements are expected in subsequent
4.x releases.