[midPoint] Complex Correlation Rules

Martin, David (DIT) damartin at csu.edu.au
Tue Apr 23 15:15:36 CEST 2019

I'm new to midPoint, just doing a Trial/PoC (v3.9). Currently I have 2 database resources (one is HR and the other Student Records) configured and have successfully imported accounts and generated Users. The Correlation rule was a simple match on Employee Number / Student ID (I added a schema extension for Student ID).

Now I am trying to model a more complex Correlation where it checks first based on Employee Number / Student ID and if that isn't found then checks based on Given Name and Family Name. The scenario is that a person may be both staff and student. The ID Number should be the same in both systems but it isn't always picked up, hence the second check.

At the moment I have tried to set them up as separate Correlation rules within the Synchronization on the Resource, but it seems if the first Correlation finds no matches it ignores the second rule . Conversely if the first rule finds a match it will also run the second rule. Ultimately I want to have multiple rules with different assurance levels. If a high assurance rule finds a single match we can stop and linking could occur. Other rules would only produce possible matches and require manual review and correlation.

The system allows multiple Correlation rules, but I couldn't find any documentation or examples that explain how to use these. Any thoughts on how to approach this or documentation I've missed?

thanks

David

[Charles Sturt University]<http://www.csu.edu.au/>

|   ALBURY-WODONGA   |   BATHURST   |   CANBERRA   |   DUBBO   |   GOULBURN   |   MELBOURNE   |   ORANGE   |   PORT MACQUARIE   |   SYDNEY   |   WAGGA WAGGA   |

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.

Charles Sturt University in Australia<http://www.csu.edu.au> The Grange Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795 (ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Number: 00005F (National)). TEQSA Provider Number: PV12018

Consider the environment before printing this email.