[midPoint] Create a user contributed repository?

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Apr 8 10:49:27 CEST 2019

Hi,

Initially, I've been thinking that the people will simply contribute to
"samples" directory. But maybe people got a bit intimidated. And also,
some of the content of "samples" is covered by automated tests,
therefore it may be additional barrier to contribution.

Thinking about it now it might be a good idea to create a "contrib"
directory.

But right now it is crucial to get the timing right. Some of you are
already aware, that midPoint will be dual licensed (Apache License and
EUPL). See here for details:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Dual+Licensing
Part of that is a separation of samples from main midPoint project.
Therefore that will be the idea time to re-organize the samples a bit
and also create a place for sample contributions. The plan is to do
those changes right after midPoint feature freeze, which is currently
planned for late April.