[midPoint] administrator can't log in

Solberg, Eric eric at solberg.com
Wed Oct 17 01:26:52 CEST 2018

Hi Midpoint Experts,

I’m at a loss. I’ve spent almost two full days on this, and am all out of ideas on what else I can try. I’m sure it’s something basic, but I’m struggling with the installation instructions not being very clear/explicit in the install steps.

Here’s a summary of steps I’ve followed:
Install the demo system in a VM with embedded database-- I can log in as administrator/5ecr3t
Then I took the config.xml from this install, edited <repository> to connect to a mysql database, and set up my database using mysql-3.8-all.sql. I made no other changes to config.xml.
I installed midpoint in a new VM, putting the updated config.xml in /opt/midpoint/var prior to first start
Started midpoint.
Midpoint created the new keystore.jceks file on startup. All indications suggest database connectivity is good.
Midpoint runs, but I’m unable to login as administrator/5ecr3t. I get “Currently we are unable to process your request. Kindly try again later.”
Repeat the above process, but this time copy the keystore.jceks from the demo prior to first start
I’m still unable to log in as administrator/5ecr3t - same error
I’ve verified that administrator exists in the midpoint.m_user table in mysql
I re-installed again, and ran in demo mode for the first start. As before administrator/5ecr3t works in demo/embedded mode.
Then I edited this config.xml to point to the mysql database (no other change, just the <repository> section) and restarted
I’m unable to log in as administrator/5ecr3t - same error

The error that is showing up every time in midpoint.log is:

018-10-16 16:44:02,824 [] [http-nio-8080-exec-4] ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.model.impl.security.AuthenticationEvaluatorImpl): Error dealing with credentials of user "administrator" credentials: No key mapped to key digest FbJhcZYWk/Q3KnAucPQgRSxD/QM= could be found in the keystore. Keys digests must be recomputed during initialization

Midpoint looks very promising, and the demo was easy enough to get up and running. But I’m getting frustrated that the general installation instructions have gaps, presume a lot of prior knowledge and even have parts that are wrong. I’m losing a lot of time on this.

Anyway, don’t mean to vent. Just trying to get this up and running.

Perhaps someone who has done an install with mysql can point out the steps? I’ve gleaned what I can from the docs. Ugh. Thanks.

-Eric