[midPoint] Merge Users and Unique Property Value

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 19:24:13 CEST 2018

Thanks Gustav,

I was just guessing that the Merge process was creating a new user.  I'm
probably wrong about that.
Currently user 1 has email address of user1 at example.com   User 2 has
email address:  user1 at test.example.com
My merge item for email is:

    <item>
          <ref>emailAddress<ref>
          <left>ignore</left>
          <right>take</right>
    </item>

When I try to select merge for User2 (left), and then select User1 in
the next window (right),  I receive the error about email address
user1 at example.com is not unique and already in use.

Do I maybe need to reverse things?
Thanks!
Brad