[midPoint] Getting forwarded to port 80 from the web interface on port 8080?

Ramón Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at zhdk.ch
Mon Nov 19 14:28:47 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

We have a standard standalone midPoint listening on port 8080 and we're
using Apache to handle TLS. Apache listens on port 80 and forwards
requests for the same path on port 443.

However, we noticed that if we go directly to port 443, things don't
work quite as expected. The midPoint web interface appears to forward
clients back out to port 80. So we have to open port 80 on the
firewall, even if we access midPoint on port 443.

See screenshot for the sequence of requests.

Is this really normal? Shouldn't terminating TLS/SSL on port 443 and
proxying to 8080 be enough so we don't have to rely on port 80 anymore?

Cheers,

--
—
—