[midPoint] Iterator - postIterationCondition evaluation

Nicolas Rossi nrossi at identicum.com
Thu Nov 8 20:57:29 CET 2018

Hi, we are using the powerful feature of Iterator
<https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Iteration>. We use it on the MP
name generation on the User Template if no name is given on the HR Feed. So
we have a mapping node with a simple condition evaluating the name value,
if it is empty it use the iterator to generate several names. The iteration
configuration also defines a posIterationCondition to query the AD checking
if the account already exists. Here is the sample:

 <iteration>
      <maxIterations>10</maxIterations>
      <postIterationCondition>
         <script>
            <code>
                    log.debug("Iterator - operation: {}", operation);
                    // do the query over AD
                    return true;
            </code>
         </script>
      </postIterationCondition>
   </iteration>
  <mapping>
        <source>
            <c:path>$user/givenName</c:path>
         </source>
         <source>
            <c:path>$user/familyName</c:path>
         </source>
      <expression>
         <script>
            <code>givenName + "." + familyName + terationToken</code>
         </script>
      </expression>
      <target>
         <c:path>$user/name</c:path>
      </target>
      <condition>
         <script>
*            <code>false</code>*
         </script>
      </condition>
   </mapping>

It worked fine for a while, but now it is entering on the
posIterationCondition even when the mapping using the iteration is not
enabled. Is that the expected behavior ? Because it will evaluate the
condition when it is not needed.

It does not make sense to me to enter on the condition every time the user
is evaluated because the iteration may not be needed.

I didn't open it on Jira because I am not sure if it is an issue. Maybe
not.

Any help ?

Ing Nicolás Rossi
Identicum S.A.