[midPoint] midpoint 3.7.1 and SSO

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Wed May 2 09:46:03 CEST 2018

Hi,

Authentication modules based on Spring Security are not midPoint
functionality per se. It is more like a side effect of midPoint being
based on Spring Security framework. Albeit it is a very convenient (and
often used) side effect, it is not officially supported midPoint
functionality. We sometimes support these modules for midPoint
subscribers - if that was negotiated as part of the subscription. But
they do not have such a broad support as other midPoint features.

In midPoint 3.7 we have changed the way how Spring is used in midPoint.
We now follow the annotation-based configuration, which has its benefits
and it also seems to be the future of Spring. Things like this happen
occasionally. We have to continually update midPoint foundation
otherwise its architecture might become obsolete. That is part of the
development process. During midPoint 3.7 development we have converted
existing Spring Security authentication modules from file-based to
annotation-based form. But we have converted only those modules that are
used by midPoint subscribers. I'm sorry, but midPoint is quite a big
system now and we have to prioritize our work.

Therefore, as always, you have the usual options:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/I+Need+New+Feature