[midPoint] create approval workflow from liveSync

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Jun 11 11:24:38 CEST 2018

Marco,

this question have been discussed here a couple of times already. The
answer is "currently not" - at least not in a simple way.

The basic reason is that it is unclear how should midPoint react to
rejection of the approval. A naive approach (i.e. rejection means the
user would not be created) means that the same approval request would
pop up on next reconciliation; or on any other occasion where midPoint
learns that there's an unmatched account.

Maybe there could be a workaround like

 1. LiveSync would create user with the lifecycle state of Proposed.
 2. An approval of switching the state to Active would be (somehow) started.
 3. If the approval would be completed positively, the user would be
    activated. Otherwise it would stay in Proposed state.

I am not quite sure how the step 2 should be implemented. It could be
certainly done by a custom scripting hook. (Maybe a policy rule could be
used as well but I am not sure.)

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer