[midPoint] API call return same value

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Jun 4 10:40:55 CEST 2018

Hello Sylvaire-Kevin,

as for the duplicate records: you are probably using some query filter
to select only a subset of users, aren't you? Or maybe there is some
authorization in effect that implies such a filter.

Then there are various options:

 1. try to rewrite the filter e.g. by using 'exists' keyword (if
    applicable) - but I am afraid this will help only quite rarely;
 2. use 'distinct' search query option - but I am not sure if this is
    supported in your version of midPoint;
 3. use a custom script (embedded in bulk action, invoked by
    execute-script action) to count the objects and then return only the
    final number (see /rpc/execute-script call). The bulk action could
    then call model service 'count' operation using the 'distinct' keyword.

Please see our wiki for more information.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com