[midPoint] Google Apps Connector - Manage groups

Alexandre Zia alexandre.zia at ifood.com.br
Thu Jul 19 16:54:28 CEST 2018

Hi Ezequiel,

As far as I could understand, Google Apps connector uses a dedicated schema
for group association (CustomMemberObjectClass) and Midpoint only allows
one 'intent' shadow per kind.
So I have created one shcam handling for account (AccountObjectClass
defalut intent) and another schema handling for group association
(CustomMemberObjectClass member intent) thus Midpoint willl only allow one
shadow for group association, that's why we cant associate more than one
group per user.

I think that Google Apps connector was not designed specifically for
Midpoint, just adapted for it.

Regrads
Zia

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:44 AM, Ezequiel Alonso <ealonso at identicum.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alexandre,
>
> We are using Google Apps connector for account synchronization but we had
> troubles linking users with groups and we cant associate them. Could you
> share the resource so we can continue with the investigation and share our
> progress?
>
> Thanks in advance

>> Anyone using Google Apps Connector to manage groups? (email groups)
>> I'm having an issue if trying to assign an account to more than 1 group.
>>
>> As far as I could understand, Google apps must create a shadow for each
>> group membership, but if I assign an account to the second group Midpoint
>> tries to use the existing shadow from the first group and raises an error.
>>
>> Regards
>> Alexandre Zia

> *Ezequiel Alonso*
> Identicum S.A.
> Jorge Newbery 3226, Buenos Aires, Argentina
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Jorge+Newbery+3226>
> Tel: +54 (11) 4552-3050
> www.identicum.com

​Alexandre Roberto Zia​