[midPoint] Password sync

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Jul 4 09:20:29 CEST 2018

Hi Jan,

maybe simply putting strong strength for password outbound mapping could
satisfy your requirement, and then any subsequent provisioning of the
user or reconciliation/recomputation will push the password from
midPoint to AD. Of course the reconciliation or recomputation are not
particularly fast processes to be executed each hour or so (depending on
number of accounts and users).

But I don't know if this will work in all situations. (Especially AD
password history - I don't know if it's affected when
administrator/midPoint changes a password.)

I never needed/tried strong password outbound mapping. Maybe someone
else had.

On 03.07.2018 16:59, Jan Kašpar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question is there a ways how to setup automaticaly password
> update to AD?
>
> I have a situation that during user population into IDM there is
> generated password.
>
> This password is also writen in to the AD. But i need to be sure that
> if some admin change password
> directly from AD IDM will update it back. It can run every one hour.
> it doesnt matter. But it would be fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jan Kašpar

Ivan Noris