[midPoint] Basic-radio-button role assignment

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Jul 2 10:16:48 CEST 2018

Hello Oleksandr,

I assume that during normal operation, if bronze, silver or gold role is
unassigned, midPoint should automatically assign back the bronze role.

Assuming that, three options come to my mind:

 1. Bind the role assignment to some user extension property, let's call
    it e.g. "level". It would have three possible values (bronze,
    silver, gold) - I assume this can be ensured by defining it as a
    custom enum. And there would be two mappings: (1) a weak mapping
    that assigns "bronze" value to "level" if it has no value, (2) a
    strong mapping that creates a bronze/silver/gold assignment based on
    the "level" value. This means that all changes to this assignments
    have to go through the "level" item, not via assignments themselves.
 2. Write a custom scripting hook
    <https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Scripting+Hooks> that
    would evaluate the user after each change, and if it has no
    assignment to bronze/silver/gold role it would assign the bronze role.
 3. Write custom policy rule
    <https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Policy+Rules> that would
    fire if there's no assignment to bronze/silver/gold role.
    Unfortunately, midPoint currently has no way of specifying "do
    something" policy action, except for ugly workaround via custom
    "notify" action.

So I would suggest either (1) or (2).

Hope this helps.

Pavol Mederly