[midPoint] Question about the disputed situation

Shilen Patel shilen at duke.edu
Tue Feb 13 15:59:09 CET 2018

Hi folks,

Say if I have an automated connector that brings new users into MidPoint.  And say if my correlation and confirmation expressions are pretty simple and just match using first and last name.  If I have a new entry in the incoming feed that has a name that matches 2 users in MidPoint, the synchronization situation becomes “disputed”.  I have a few questions about that state that I’m hoping folks may have some thoughts on.

1. Other than manually going through every resource in the MidPoint UI and seeing if any states are “DISPUTED” in the Accounts tab, how do you figure out that entries get into this state?  Is there some place you can go in the UI to view all disputed entries for all resources?  Do folks send notifications (e.g. emails) when entries get into that state?

2. Say if I figure out that an entry is in the disputed state because there are 2 potential matches.  Then I manually look at those 2 potential matches and figure out that the 2 users are really different people and that the incoming entry matches with exactly one of them.  How do I change that disputed state into a linked state with the match that I manually figured out?

3.  Also, one more question on a slightly different topic.  For the confirmation step (which occurs after correlation), is it possible to send all the potential matches to some java method where I can evaluate them all together?  For example, if I have 2 potential matches from the correlation step but in the confirmation step, 1 of the 2 is much stronger than the other, I may want to proceed with that match.  However, if both are somewhat weak, I may want it to go into the disputed state so somebody can look at it.  Or do you have to evaluate each potential match without having knowledge on what the other potential matches are?

Thanks, and I appreciate any input or best practices.

Thanks!

- Shilen