[midPoint] Standing up midPoint with existing accounts

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 28 13:12:08 CEST 2018

Andy,

returning to your situation: I have replicated it in my TIER setup and
got the same behavior as you did.

I suggest the following:

 1. If you just want to create shadows without linking them to their
    respective owners (users), then dryRun import task is the way to go.
    It will evaluate situation of each shadow (unmatched, unlinked,
    linked) and update its status. However, it will not apply the
    synchronization reaction(s), so e.g. even if you define "link"
    action for unlinked shadows, the dry import will not execute it. The
    shadow will not be linked with their potential owner.
 2. If you want to create shadows and to link them (and not lose
    auxiliary object class information), then use Brad suggestion. It
    works in my case (with roles inducing auxiliary OCs) and I think it
    will also in yours.

I have tried e.g. setting <synchronize>false</synchronize> on the
unlinked reaction, i.e.

                 <reaction>
                     <situation>unlinked</situation>
                     <synchronize>false</synchronize>
                     <action>
<handlerUri>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#link</handlerUri>
                     </action>
                 </reaction>

but it does not work: synchronize=false causes the link action to be
skipped as well.

Maybe we could implement a reaction like "link but do not synchronize"
but I am not sure how complex would that be.

Thinking about assignment policy enforcement, it should not make a
difference here. It deals with the mere existence of projections
(accounts), not with their synchronization.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com