[midPoint] Support for formatting of red messages

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Tue Aug 14 08:59:33 CEST 2018

Hi,

There is no easy way to do this. Not now. The underlying structure of
midPoint error messages is not designed to support formatting. It might
complicate the code. And operation results messages and exceptions are
used at many places, we need to seriously consider all negative impacts
that it might have.

What I think we would like to have instead is a more user-friendly way
how to set password and check password policies. I mean something like a
special UI panel that will display password policy violations in a nice
structured form, maybe display interactive password strength meter and
so on. But of course, this needs endorsement from platform subscriber to
be put on a roadmap.